Location: University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is one of the world's top five universities and last year secured over £500m in research grants and contracts making it one of the largest and most dynamic centres for research in the world. Cambridge breakthroughs across the academic disciplines are regularly in the news, and our academics continue to push boundaries and build upon the work of notable alumni such as Newton, Darwin, Crick, Watson and Franklin.
Fundamental to the University's continued success in securing funding and undertaking world-leading research is the role of the Senior Contracts Manager within the University's Research Operations Office. This challenging and rewarding role is responsible for agreeing the contractual terms that govern funded research; working with a broad and varied range of sponsors with whom the University engages, from Research Councils and large charities like The Wellcome Trust, to international governmental agencies, multi-national corporations and start-up companies.
The role of Senior Contracts Manager will offer the successful applicant the opportunity to:
- work within one of the most dynamic and varied research centres in the world; Represent the University in negotiations with sponsors and collaborators who are frequently world-leaders in their field
- work with and foster close relationships with academics who are at the forefront of scientific advancement
- develop their analytical and drafting skills to respond effectively to complex, and often ground-breaking, ways of funding and collaborating
- develop a deep and sophisticated understanding of contractual aspects such as intellectual property and publication within an institution whose inventions frequently have a direct societal impact
- develop their business-relations skills, liaising with a wide range of colleagues, sponsors and collaborators, often at a senior level
- develop their management skills through managing a professional and dedicated team of contracts managers and administrators.
- be at the forefront of developments within the funded-research sector, frequently finding solutions to respond to new challenges.
We are looking for a candidate educated to degree level or equivalent, with people management experience and a proven and extensive track record in drafting and negotiating a broad range of research agreements, ideally in a university or research organisation,. A legal background within a clinical setting would be an advantage.
If you are well organised and self-motivated, can demonstrate a strong service ethic and positive attitude, can thrive under pressure and take pride in meeting your own and your team's objectives then we would love to hear from you. In addition to the above, we offer a full range of benefits.
For more information and to apply online for this vacancy, please click on this link to visit the University of Cambridge's website.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 15 May 2017. If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Please quote reference EW11140 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.