Date: 21 February 2017
Time: 10:30 to 16:30
Location: Conference Centre RBS Gogarburn, 175 Glasgow Road, Edinburgh
The Scottish Knowledge Exchange Awards aim to promote and celebrate Knowledge Exchange in Scotland encouraging more businesses to consider Scotland’s universities and research institutions as a collaborative partner to stimulate innovation and further positioning Scotland as a CAN DO nation.
Through the keynote speakers, innovation sessions, exhibitors and the awards ceremony we hope that the day’s celebration will reflect on the breadth and range of collaborations between organisations from all sectors and of all sizes with our leading Scottish academics and research teams.
Headline speakers: Brigadier David Allfrey MBE, Chief Executive & Producer, The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
Innovation Session speakers - You will have the opportunity to sign up to two Innovation Sessions:
- Care Monitoring 2000 Ltd - Learn about CM2000’s academic projects with Edinburgh Napier University and how they have led on to further projects with the Digital Health and Care Institute (DHI).
- Eurobiotix - A multi-award winning socially conscious biotechnology company will focus this session on how to build successful and sustainable partnerships between your start-up and academic institutions.
- Marks & Clerk LLP - The two sessions will offer advice on patents and trademarks. In session 1, they will cover what patents are, what can be patented and how this IP can be used to protect your products and ideas and, in session 2, they will outline the importance of trade marks for protecting your brand, products and identity.
- Sunamp Ltd - In this session, discover how Sunamp and the University of Edinburgh have sustained their successful partnership since 2010.
- Scottish Ballet - Find out about the visualisation project Scottish Ballet and the Digital Design Studio at Glasgow School of Art collaborated on and the long term effect it had on Scottish Ballet’s approach to innovation.
For more information and to register your attendance click here.