Salary: £48,327, rising to £55,998
Location: University of Bath
Due to our ongoing successful growth of commercial research collaborations we are now looking for an experienced Bid Manager to lead our team in the Research and Innovation Services (RIS).
The University of Bath provides an environment that promotes excellence at all levels and maximises the application and impact of our research. Our research portfolio of grants and contracts is worth around £130 million and makes a real impact on a world scale. The Research Assessment Exercise affirmed Bath's position as one of the top research universities in the UK.
You will be responsible for building upon the current circa. £10m portfolio of research commercial collaborations through direct line management of an experienced and established team. As part of building the bid portfolio programme you would be part of the wider RIS strategic management team and deliver the strategic plan with the team.
You will also work with the wide range of in-house academic teams, senior stakeholders, worldwide external partners, and agencies using your established experience in building relationships and optimising opportunities.
As you would expect there are many teams involved with a research portfolio of this size so established bid management experience with strong leadership communication skills will be essential for this challenging role.
The suitable candidate should have the following knowledge and experience:
- Established experience of leading and direct line managing a small bidding team
- Managed large (£1m+) research bid life cycles directly with businesses and/or to common funding organisations, e.g. InnovateUK
- Delivered and contributed to strategic policies with on-going review
- Conducted high quality performance reviews and individual team personal performance implementation plans
- Established experience of bid optimisation strategy and delivery against KPI’s
- History of working within common bid management & delivery frameworks (Agile, Waterfall, Prince 2, PMP, Business driven development)
- Worked with senior stakeholders in specifically identifying opportunities by building the business case and research bid formation
- Strong analytical knowledge and experience, using common software packages (Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, etc)
- Strong communication & presentation skills
This is permanent role located in Bath with a May 2017 start, competitive rate and excellent long term opportunities for the right candidate.
Click on this link for more information and to apply